How To Outperform Your Competitors With Semalt?
Table Of Contents
1. What Is "Competitors" From Semalt?
2. Why Learn More About Competitors' Online Practices?
3. Understanding "Competitors" From Semalt With Live Example
4. Who Benefits From This Competitor Analysis?
5. Final Words
One factor that determines the success of a venture is whether and how better it outperforms its competitors. Today, it seems that the evolution of technology has made outpacing your competitors a lot easier.
It seems easier, but it isn't. Though technological development has simplified many things, you still need expertise and better strategies to get ahead of your competitors, especially in the digital world.
Well, you can be thankful to revolutionary digital marketing agencies like Semalt, which are offering several free tools to understand your competitors and make strategies to get ahead of them.
Today, this article is going to help you learn how to outperform your online competition with the help of Semalt's Competitors.
What Is "Competitors" From Semalt?
If you are guessing that "Competitors" is a product or service from Semalt, you are right. It is one of the best tools to understand your competitors and help you make strategies to outperform them in Google organic search results.
This tool helps you identify all websites that rank higher in Google SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) for high-ranking keywords used by your website. It also helps in identifying the position of your website among your competitors.
Like many other offerings from Semalt, this tool is also FREE to use and always accessible to all. Let's see the simple steps to start with this useful tool:
Step 1: Open your web browser and type semalt.net in the address bar. It'll take you to the homepage of Semalt's Powerful SEO Tools for Business.
Step 2: Move your cursor to the left pane and click on Competitors.
Step 3: When the Competitors tool opens, enter your website's URL (Domain) and select the Search Engine where your website already ranks for at least one keyword.
The default search engine is google.com (All)-International, but you can change it according to your target region.
Step 4: Click on Apply, and you'll get the crucial information required for getting ahead of your competitors.
Why Learn More About Competitors' Online Practices?
Some of you might still be thinking what's the need to learn more about competitors. Well, we are living in a digital age where a sturdy online presence is equivalent to success.
Here are a few reasons why you should learn more about the online practices of your competitors:
- Most customers search for products (or services) and relevant information on Google before making a buying decision. If your competitors' product / service ranks higher in Google organic search results, learning about why they are better online will help you.
- Analyzing your competitors' online practices reveals what they are doing correctly and where they are making mistakes. You'll get an idea of what to do and what not to do.
- By evaluating the online activities of competitors, you get a chance to learn about customer insight. You can use it further to improve your offerings and gain competitive advantages.
Understanding "Competitors" From Semalt With Live Example
To get a better understanding of this tool, we must see its functioning with a live example. The domain we are going to evaluate is semalt.com. The search engine we are going to select is - google.com (All)-International.
Here is what it'll look like on your screen:
What The Report Contains?
The report will provide you with three (3) useful insights:
1. Shared Keywords
2. Shared Keywords Dynamics
3. Competitors in Google TOP
Let's understand them one by one:
1. Shared Keywords
This section provides you information about the total number of keywords your website and your TOP 51 competitors rank for in Google SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
The analysis is based on the number of shared keywords in TOP 1-100 positions on the current date. It also helps you find how shared keywords have performed in the past week.
For semalt.com, it'll look like this:
Let's find what this section says:
This section contains six (6) blocks about semalt.com, and each block contains the total number of shared keywords in TOP and increase or decrease in them with respect to the last week. It reveals the following:
- Today, 28,072 shared keywords are in the TOP 1 position. Compared to the last week, this number is decreased by 19,633.
- Today, 60,398 shared keywords are in the TOP 3 positions. Compared to the last week, this number is decreased by 56,110.
- Today, 1,71,540 shared keywords are in the TOP 10 positions. Compared to the last week, this number is decreased by 1,97,329.
- Today, 7,82,525 shared keywords are in the TOP 100 positions. Compared to the last week, this number is decreased by 13,56,600.
You'll also notice a green or red upward / downward arrow at the bottom right of each block. It is a visual way to indicate the performance of shared keywords.
2. Shared Keywords Dynamics
This section contains a chart showing the changes in the number of shared keywords for which the selected keywords have ranked in Google TOP.
For semalt.com, it looks like this:
Let's find what this chart says:
The five lines in this chart are your five competitors. When you hover the cursor on these lines, the shared keywords information on a specific date appears. The shared keywords information for semalt.com on, 25th January 2021, was:
- 52,934 keywords from issuu.com were in the TOP100
- 37,794 keywords from facebook.com were in the TOP 100
- 37,238 keywords from researchgate.net were in the TOP 100
- 35,515 keywords from youtube.com were in the TOP 100
- 25,843 keywords from twitter.com were in the TOP 100
By default, the first five competitors from the list (in the next section) are selected, but you can choose any five.
This section also helps you find the number of shared keywords in the TOP 1, TOP 3, TOP 10, TOP 30, TOP 50, and TOP 100 positions. You can change it from the dropdown menu present on the upper left side.
3. Competitors in Google TOP
This section is in tabular form and contains information about the number of shared keywords that your and your competitors' websites rank for in Google TOP. It'll also help you track the difference in the number of shared keywords, as compared to a previous date.
For semalt.com, this section looks like:
Let's find what this table says:
This table contains a list of 51 competitor websites of semalt.com and the number of shared keywords they rank for in Google TOP 100. Some primary highlights of this section are:
- You can select any of your five (5) competitor websites from the list and watch the performance of shared keywords in the previous section (Shared Keywords Dynamics).
- It provides you the option to select the date range according to your need. You can compare any two weeks of the same or different months.
- There is also an option to filter the competitor website list by the whole domain or by its part. You can further select the position in Google search results, whether TOP 1, TOP 3, TOP 10, and so on.
- If you click on the search icon, it'll display keywords the website is ranked for in Google TOP 100.
- The last two columns in the table (of date ranges) help you find the difference in the number of shared keywords your competitor's website ranks for in Google's organic search results.
- You also get the option to download the full report or competitor's list in PDF or CSV formats. If you want to export it to Google Drive, there is an option for it as well.
All this information about your competitors can be utilized for outperforming your competitors in Google organic search results. Many digital marketing agencies charge hefty fees for providing this information, but Semalt offers all this for FREE.
Who Benefits From This Competitor Analysis?
Experts suggest that you should always be aware of your competitors' every action. In the physical world, it is almost impossible to know about each step of your competitors. However, identifying your competitors' strategies / approaches is very much possible in the online world, thanks to tools from Semalt and others.
Let's see who all can benefit from this competitor analysis the most:
- People who are new to search engine optimization gain a lot by evaluating the performance of shared keywords on their competitors' websites. It will further lead them to develop an SEO strategy.
- People who want to know how the latest SEO trends and changes in Google's algorithms are affecting their competitor websites. This report also reveals which shared keywords are helping them to get a better ranking.
- People who do not get a high ranking for their websites learn what innovative things their competitors are doing to excel search results.
- People who are concerned about their current rankings, whether high or low, on Google search results. This analysis helps them understand the keywords and SEO activities of their competitors.
Competitors from Semalt is a tool that provides information about keywords you and your competitors use to rank higher in Google search results. If you are an expert in understanding the competitor analysis and making strategies accordingly, this tool can help you outperform your competitors.
However, outperforming competitors on Google organic search result pages can be super-quick if you get in touch with SEO experts at Semalt.